3D Spatial Rotation

Honestly this is the rotation i was looking forawrd to the least because i had this idea that it would be all architecture and interiors. Yet making the 3D maps was alot more interesting than i had anticipated. I expecially enjoyed the timed drawings we did of the maps when finished aswell. I found myself really getting into the 45 minute drawing maybe because i haven't done life drawing in a while, but anyway i am happy with the drawing i created from this. We were then asked to go to a location and make studies from this as inspiration for small structures which we later repeated 5 times. I let the materials lead me for these scultures as i mainly experimented with different tapes, wire, elastic bands and cigarette filters. I really liked the contrast of the filters and elastic band against the rigid wire. We were then given a brief of making 'somewhere for a human to sit thats not a chair'; 'something to walk through thats not a building' and 'something to hold small objects thats not a box.' I did really struggle with inspiration and ideas for this part of the project as someone who has never really worked in 3D before i was a bit thrown by the thought of it. Yet in the end i used aspects of my previous sculputres as inspiration for the new ones, such as the elastic band rouched up on wire was blown up to a bigger scale and used as a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment